Saturday, January 31, 2009

Derby

The ward Elder's quorum had a pinewood derby. Porter and I were there as Seth's cheerleaders.


Seth was super excited to go. He spent all week making this...um...lovely...car.




Now, when I say he was excited, that's an understatement. He, seriously, left an hour early just to see if the track was up and the scale was there so he could weigh his car.


No one was there.


He came back home.


He then gave me 20 minutes so I could get Porter finished fed, use the bathroom, and throw a Smart Ones in the microwave so I could have dinner before shooing me out the door. While I was doing the said things above, he was practically dancing around impatiently. Yes, like he was 5 years old.


We got to the church a half hour early. There were only two other people there and they were setting up the track. Seth didn't waste any time. He went straight to the scales and waited for the track to be done. They didn't finish it in time for him to do a run before the races.


He went first.


And won.


Then won again.


And again.


You get the idea.


Seth got first place!



He even admitted to me that he was nervous before the races started! Talk about competitive spirit!


In the modified cars racing, he lost, but he had the fastest legal car!

7 comments:

Laura Howe said...

This made me laugh because I can totally see Seth doing that. Funny.

Kathryn said...

Wow! Congratulations, Seth! Fast Car!

farrers said...

This is so Funny! It is funny how sometimes they act like they are still little boys epecially when it comes to competition and wanting praise for their sweet skills!!

LaRene said...

That made me laugh too, I could just see Seth being so antsy to get going. Sometimes you just have to get out of the way :)

Bairds said...

No Way!! How cool for Seth. Somehow I could see Scott getting really into that too....

Jen said...

Devin here. I know how he feels when he felt excited and nervous! I've been looking forward to this for a long time :). Seth had an awesome car! He'll have to teach me a few tricks next year.

nickandmindi said...

That is awesome that Seth won!! Looks like you guys are doing good! Porter is so dang cute!! He is getting so big!!