Monday, January 19, 2009

11 Months

...and what a day it's been.

It started out pretty well! I've lost 5 pounds in a week since I started my exercise program, which made me excited.
But not for long.
Porter woke up and I went to get him. On the way back down the stairs, I slipped and fell with Porter in my arms. His little leg was in back of me and I was afraid I'd landed on it because he was really crying. It took about ten minutes for him to stop, and then I checked his leg to see if it was broken. I couldn't tell right away, but when I touched his little shins, he started crying again. I tried to get him to walk, and he couldn't put weight on it. So, I set up an appointment with a doctor, went there, and waited for hours before getting an x-ray. Porter wasn't very good toward the end of this. Poor guy.
We got home and awaited the results, which took a lot longer than they said, but when they called us, we were told his little tibia had a fracture.
So, this is Porter at 11 months today.
We get a cast on Wednesday.
What a great way to spend your month birthday.

10 comments:

Liz said...

I'm so sorry for you! Definitely sorry for Porter, but way more so for you! Anything that causes your child pain, even accidental stuff, is so hard to bear. I'm glad that's the worst that happened, though, as icky as it is. Here's a hug!

Kathryn said...

Poor little guy. Give him a big hug for me.

Jaimee said...

I feel so bad for you! That's sad! But congrats on the weight loss!

Melissa said...

Sierra! I am sooooooooo sorry! That was probably really scary! :( I hope you two are doing okay!

Joseph & Shaylee said...

Oh man! Bummer...Good news, he might be extra cuddly!!

chelsey said...

Oh my gosh. Poor Porter...he looks so sad! He has gotten so big though! You guys look like a little happy family! How are you liking Oregon? It looks like you guys are making lots of fun friends and doing lots of fun things! Hopefully it's this good for Zach and I when we make the big move:)

Laura Howe said...

OH my gosh, how sad! That is so heartbreaking, it is so hard when you kow your kids are in pain. And irritating when the doctors are so slow. not fun. Well good job on the weight loss, that's so awesome.

Jill and Travis said...

Poor little guy! And poor you! Luckily he is small and it will heal fast! Tiny people are so tough!

E said...

how sad! i'm so sorry!! i bet it was SO scar, for BOTH of you!! what a tough little man!

Alex and Anna said...

ohh thats sad. He's sure a cute little guy!! He is growing so fast. I hope you are feeling ok. My Dad fell down the stairs with me once I was like 8! haha! he was giving me a piggy back to breakfast! Its really funny now. I'm sure i'll probably do the same thing to my kids!