Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Merry Christmas 2008



Merry Christmas everyone! We hope you all had a great one! Here's how ours went...

First, we all got up nice and early (6 am is early for me. That's 5 in Oregon). Then we attacked the stockings. Porter really liked his! Gammie made it for him!




Then we attacked the presents! Instead of our usual pajamas from Santa, we got slippers! I love them! Savanna had little bells on hers...



...and I had penguins!



Everyone enjoyed their gifts!



Grumpa got his annual toy ;)



Jo got Rockband 2



Mikki got a Webkins toy (she has quite the collection)


Seth and I got a webcam (thanks Howes!)



And, Porter got his first Penguin...among other things. I think he wasn't very interested in it though...



In fact, most of the morning was spent like this...


I think Porter was a little over-stimulated.

Eric and I took pictures. I'll have to get them from him later.



Seth gave me an envelope with a picture of this in it:



He took the picture before we left for Twin. I'd already known about it. I even picked it up! I LOVE it though! I'm so glad I finally have one! Now I can brush up on my piano and start teaching...hopefully within a year! :) :)

This is Seth's gift from me:



Can you guess what it is? ;)




A 12-string acoustic/electric fender guitar! :) (He knew what he was getting, but he didn't know it was a 12-string...hee hee)
Pretty sweet wrapping job, huh?

Later that day...

Porter decided he liked the penguin,



everyone became a rocker,



and Dad tried on the bow.



Becca, Arika, and Kelly came over later that day as well.




Arika even got her first guitar, too! What a musical Christmas!

Kelly taught her a few things.



It was pretty cute.

That night, we went over to a friend of Mom's from the ward and had our annual Seaman Christmas Program with them...for the second time. We had had one earlier in the week with another family at our house. Those are always fun.

Don't you just love Christmas!?




Porter even got to rock out a bit when we got back :)




3 comments:

LaRene said...

Thanks for posting all these pictures. I think you're the greatest at posting pictures. I so enjoyed this past weekend. Porter is so adorable and so fun to watch. Have a safe trip back to Oregon.

Laura Howe said...

It looks like you guys had a good Christmas, it's so nice to be with family isn't it. That is so awesome you got a piano that will be so fun to have. let us know when you get your web cam up and running I wasnt to see that Porter in action. :)

Laura Howe said...

I mean I want to see Porter.