Tuesday, January 6, 2009

To Twin!

Our little fam-damily traveled to Twin Falls for Christmas break on the 19th. We had very snowy roads up until we reached the Idaho border, which was interesting. I found out later that it had snowed in Forest Grove about a foot or so, and all ways out were closed the very next day. We left just in time.

Porter was pretty terrible when he was awake in the car. I think he gets lonely back there and frustrated when he can't see us in the front of the car. I'm thinking I'm going to cheat the system a bit and turn his carseat around early so he wont be so bad. He's almost a year, anyway, right?

We stayed in Boise with Missy and Eric that night and helped them move the next day into their new apartment. I should rephrase that: "Seth helped them move...into their new apartment." I was keeping Porter out of everything at their old house while things were getting moved. After Seth helped them move a lot of the big things, we ate lunch at Primos with the family and Kelly (Becca's boyfriend), Seth helped a bit more, and we left to Twin. Porter was pretty good during that trip. He only started fussing when we got off the freeway.

I just want to say I'm not a fan of traveling.

2 comments:

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

Yes, we are doing that too...more out of necessity because we don't want to buy another car seat for just another few months with this new babe...but we are switching Whit front facing soon too...she's too curious and needs to much attn to have her rear facing...plus with all the snacks we stuff in her mouth to keep her quiet it's prob. best to have her sitting up, lol! ;) More power to ya!

Katies Korner said...

We turned Lily around a little early (before she was a year) even when we were not supposed to because she wasnt the right pounds. She didnt even hit 20 pounds until like 18 months so I was glad I didnt wait!