Monday, January 26, 2009

The Rest of the Week's Events

Last week should have been a really good week. It was pretty good. Pretty stressful, but it had some good parts. You already know about Porter and what happened with him up till the doctor's visit on Wednesday. What you don' t know is, I missed going on four outings with friends because of what happened. Granted, there was a very good reason why, and they all understood, but I was really looking forward to al of them.

Wednesday night, we got to go to dinner at the Miller's house. We had a great meal, and were so glad we got to get to know them better! Alex and I plan on many playdates to follow :)

Thursday morning, I missed another outing because I couldn't get Porter's splint back on his leg and I was freaking out because he was crying and complaining. There was no way I could've gone in the state we were both in.

Thursday afternoon, Ty, Seth's friend, came into town. He had an interview for a dental school in Portland, and we offered to have him stay with us so he could save some money. Seth was really glad to have him here...even though I'm sure I spent more time with him because of Seth's schooling.

Thursday night, we went bowling with a bunch of friends to celebrate Eric Johansen's birthday! It was a good turn-out, and a lot of fun. I got a score of 108...or something like that. Seth and Ty creamed me, but whatever. I'm getting better!

Saturday, Ty, Seth, Porter, and I went to the Oregon Zoo! This is the first time I think I've ever been to one...truly! If I've been to one before, I don't remember. Either way, it was pretty fun...but it was FREEZING! It even snowed while we were there. None of us were prepared for that and by the time we were done we were numb in places.

I really enjoyed seeing all the animals and this zoo had a VERY good variety! It's very big!

I have to say, my favorite part of the zoo was the penguins. That shouldn't surprise those who know me. There was a cute little penguin who swam up the the window a couple times where I was and I just died. SO cute.

Ty took us out to dinner to Poor Richards after, and then left to Kennewick, WA to meet a girl he met online. I think he needs a wife, so we were fine with him leaving us a day earlier than originally planned.

I have a lot of pictures of the zoo, but they're mostly animals because it was so cold no one wanted to pose. So, I think I'll spare you this time.

Things Porter has picked up this week: spitting; mimicking coughs, noises, and sneezes; and rubbing his hands together like he's trying to get something off of them.

3 comments:

Joseph & Shaylee said...

sounds busy, Kennewick isn't a bad place to find a wife.....that is where Joe got me! lol. I hope that Porter heals quickly.

Shaylee

Laura Howe said...

At least your keeping busy. I hope things continue to go well with Porter. It's always fun to have visitors. And I hope things go well for Ty that would be fun if he was up there with you guys.

Jamie & Ryan said...

Omaha supposedly has one of the top zoos in the country. If you're ever in Omaha for some crazy reason, I'll take you there! :)