Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Something Scary

I don't know what is happening to my body. It's like ever since I took birth control when I was first married, it's been screwed up. I'd never been to the doctor except for wisdom teeth removal after I got back from my first year of college. And then after marriage, it's been basically once a year, at least. October seems to be my favorite month for bodily scares...appropriate, I guess.
Yesterday, I went to the emergency room because I had a pain on the left-hand side of my body down in the pelvic area. Since I have an IUD, I was afraid maybe I had an ectopic pregnancy. That is one of the risks with this device. So, considering the history I've had with birth control risks, I thought it was best to go check it out.
After about a million blood tests, an ultrasound, waiting for 7 hours, and other things, I was told that nothing was wrong with me. That what I had sounded like an ovarian cyst, and I would be fine if I went home and took some pain killers.
It was nice to know that everything was fine, but I wish they could've done it faster than they did. Oh well.
Today has been extremely uneventful compaired. The pain in my side is pretty much completely gone. Now I just have some pain in my arm where the IV was, and I'm suffering from a cold that turned into laryngitis last night while in the ER.
I hope Porter doesn't get any croup. That scares me more than an ectopic pregnancy.

4 comments:

Jamie & Ryan said...

Scary! I'm glad you're alright!

Lara said...

Ick. I've dealt with ovarian cysts for a few years now. They are killer. Feels like a knife inside you, no? I'm so glad you're doing better! Hope Porter is well!

Joseph & Shaylee said...

Ovarian cysts suck I have them and man they hurt, I didn't know you had an IUD. Is yours hormonal? I made sure to get a non-hormonal one, (I don't do well on hormones)- maybe that had something to do with it.

Alex and Anna said...

o man that is way scary. thats stinks that you had to wait in the ER for that long. i am really happy that everything is ok tho! sorry your sick! i hope Porter doesn't get sick