Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Day in the Life of a Mama

For the most part, Porter is a very independent child. He likes to play by himself, but there's a catch. If he's playing, you can't be further than five feet away from him or else he starts complaining, trying to climb things to get to you, and (if he catches you) crawiling up your pants. If HE goes further than five feet away, that's okay, but the moment you move from where you're sitting, he comes crawling back as fast as he can and starts climbing your pants, complaining again. When playing, he goes around climbing on everything, opening things he's not supposed to, and dancing to music in his head. He's such a fun kid.
Just now, I blocked off a little play area for him so that I could watch him play, like he likes. He crawled around for a little bit, but then started climbing my legs. Being that my feet are together, and my legs apart (so lady-like), he stood on my feet, put his head on my knee and sighed. This he only did for a couple seconds before looking up at me, smiling, and dancing on my feet. It was as if he was saying, "Okay, I've loved you up. Now entertain me, please."
Basically every day, I'm in need of a belt, I scold myself for not getting child locks (yet), my feet feel very much stepped on, and I don't accomplish much.
By the way, this whole time, I've been switching typing regular and one-handed because he keeps trying to get the keyboard. When he realizes I've got it too far away, he gives up. But when I start typing with two hands again, he's climbing my legs again, trying to get it.
What a cutie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow sounds just about right. Can't get anything done when someone is hooked to your leg. lol.