Monday, May 23, 2011

The Beginning

Today is the beginning of the last year of schooling for Seth.

It is his first day starting his clinical externship rotations.

There are four rotations--each three months long.

His first two are here in Oregon, so we will be around for six more months.

This is nice for two obvious reasons, but also nice because we don't have to say goodbye to everyone who hasn't or isn't leaving right now.

Seth's last two are in Wyoming.

The move to Wyoming will be our tenth as a married couple.

It may or may not be our last big move, and we may or may not be living together every day for those months.

Kinda crazy to think about...but I don't have to worry about that until November.

Quite a few friends have already left on their various rotations.

Most of whom we weren't able to see before they left because of our choice to go to Twin.

We needed to make that trip, but it makes me sad to think that I wont be able to see those friends again for a year.

Sometimes that's just how life goes, I guess.

Even though this year comes with a lot of different types of changes and challenges, I'm very excited!

It will be a bittersweet year.

I like to think more sweet than bitter.

1 comment:

Jen said...

oh sure rub it in that you get to stay! ;) I'll miss you guys! I thought for sure I'd be glad to leave the grove, but it has been really really hard!