Saturday, May 30, 2009

Teething and Soothing

Tooth 14 came in yesterday. Porter woke up earlier than usual yesterday morning, crying. He doesn't usually cry when he wakes, but lately he has because of the pain. Poor kid. #15 and 16 have been right underneath the surface for about 4 days, and I'm hoping they come in soon...like tomorrow...so he can be comfortable again.

He's also decided he doesn't like his crib anymore. He used to lay down without crying whenever we put him to bed. Now, he cries every time...literally, for a hour before crashing.

He still stays up super late at night.

Oh, and if you didn't know, we've completely weaned Porter off his binky. He's been off it now for almost three weeks.

I'm wondering if giving him back his binky would be a bad thing. Maybe it would help him calm down faster so he wont scream for so long when we put him to bed.

Maybe.

4 comments:

Katies Korner said...

Most kids hit a point where they decide they would rather stay up and be with mom and dad. Stick to what you are doing and routine will help stop the crying! Good luck! :)

Liz said...

Hooray for getting off the binky! Quite the accomplishment. Good luck with going to bed without the drama!

Laura Howe said...

Good luck with the bed time thing. stick with it, both my girls went through a I hate my bed stage. He'll get over it. Good work on the binkie that can be a rough one. Some kids are 3 before they are weened.

Jill and Travis said...

I didn't know Porter had a self-proclaimed late bedtime. Ethan decided 10:00 is his bedtime and has been there for six months at least. He just isn't tired before then. He goes right to sleep when 10:00 hits. Sometimes 9:00 or 9:30 but mostly 10. I am hoping within the next few months he will be old enough to understand when I say it's bedtime, it is bedtime. Some might say I am a softy, but I know what works for my kid and what doesn't. It is impossible for him to cry himself to sleep. He gets to worked up and upset. Anyway, Ethan got to a point where he would cry and cry if I tried to put him in his crib. We pulled the mattress out of the crib and put it on the floor. Apparently, he does not like to be confined anymore because he now goes to sleep much, much easier with much less crying. He is also better at getting himself back to sleep if he wakes up. Maybe try a toddler bed for Porter. I have heard several kids being the same way, so it's worth a shot. Hard thing is teaching the little guy he has to stay on his bed. Okay, this comment is much longer than I intended. haha I am done now!