Sunday, May 10, 2009

Camping Trip

Seth, Porter, and I went on our first camping trip ever (and Porter's first ever) this last week with a bunch of other Optometry couples.

**We actually went the day after I got back from Idaho, I know, crazy.**

We stayed at a place called Nehalem Bay in a building called a YURT



A "Year-round Universal Recreational Tent"
It had electricity, a bunk bed, a futon, a lamp, a mirror, a table with four chairs, and a heater. Pretty nice!
Seth called it a glorified tent

There was running water, indoor plumbing, and showers nearby.
**those of you who know me well know I wouldn't have gone otherwise haha**

The campground was really nice.



Porter was always wanting to go off on his own.



We took a walk to the beach before we headed home


It was gorgeous in the morning haze.

Porter had a hard time walking on the sand.

Correction...we all did.


Porter loved running really close to the water.



It was a super fun summer activity!
I'm so glad we got to go! Even if it was only for one night :)

No comments: