Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Little Tid Bit on Twilight


I have finished the Twilight Series

Thanks Brianne

And here is my opinion, for those who are interested.

I will keep it brief

Did I like it? Yes.

Am I obsessed? No.

About the characters: I honestly liked Jacob better than Edward. He was more realistic as a normal everyday guy (as normal as guys in fantasy books can be) and not as over-protective. I'm not really a fan of over-protective people, so I had a hard time liking Edward. I understand Edward is supposed to be unreal and not your everyday guy, but he was a little too unreal...I could almost say he was a little "pansy"-like. I thought vampires were supposed to be manly and sexy and, he really didn't do it for me. I guess I like the normal guys...like Seth! heehee

I liked Bella in the first book, but thought she was a little...over-clumsy...and then as each books went on, I liked her even less. She was very rude to Jake...over and over. I have to admit, Jake was kind of asking for punishment, though. I don't understand the drive everyone had for Bella in the first place. I thought clumsy was annoying...or was she supposed to be "a damsel in distress" all the time. Either way, I wasn't fond of her.

I think I liked the rest of the characters just fine. The Cullen family was great, Bella's friends were good (even if they kept flocking to Bella when she was a jerk), and the Children of the Moon were fine, too. Funnier...more entertaining and relate-able.

All in all, I DID like the books. I think it should have ended with the end of the Volturi, so there was more action and not so much of the "other action" in the last book, but oh well. They are newlyweds right?

I thought Stephenie dragged the books, a little, and could have written all that was written in one or two books...but then she wouldn't have made as much money, so more power to you, girl. But, there was too much lovey-dovey stuff for me.

Now, The Host? That's a whole other story.


I love that book.

Might even go far enough to say that if she continued THAT one, I'd be obsessed.

PS: only my opinion, please don't get upset with me if it's different than yours.

Loves all!

4 comments:

Jen said...

LOL, i love it how you have to put in the disclaimer at the bottom.

Bairds said...

OMG! I am soo offended about the things you said about my Twilight series. HE HE. J/K. This is Scott. You guys look great in that family picture you posted up! Hope all is well, we miss you guys!

Laura Howe said...

I loved the host too. Not obsessed, but it's a good one. If you're looking for another good book to read, read The Hunger Games. I can't think of the author but you could find it from the title. it is a series and the 2nd one comes out in September. I am counting down.

Anonymous said...

yes, totally read The Hunger Games (it is by Suzanne Collins)! i'm totally obsessed with that book! can't wait for the next one. i loved the host too - wish there was a second book!