Sunday, July 1, 2012

24 Weeks

At this last appointment, my new doctor found what all my other doctors weren't able to find--the reason I got my blood clots when I was on birth control and pregnant with Porter.

In other words, why I have to take the blood-thinner shots when I'm at a higher risk for clotting, like when I'm pregnant.

I have something called "factor 2 gene mutation".

It's really not anything new as far as information goes, just puts a label on it for the doctors.

Yay, I guess.

Turns out that four percent of people have it, but the majority of them never even know.

I don't know if you knew this next part, but redheads usually are major bleeders.

Not clotters.

So, yet again, I'm a walking anomaly.

Or in this case, a mutant.

Too bad not a mutant like this:

source
In other news, everything is going great with Lilia!

According to the doctor, this will be a normal and "boring" pregnancy.

Maybe boring for him...

But, a bit of normal is definitely good.

24 weeks

No comments: