Monday, August 31, 2009

Needed Changes

Because I am often bored, I play a bunch of different games on facebook. Some more feel-good than others (aka: farmtown vs mafiawars). I have found that playing so many games and doing so many things online has been detrimental to all of my social relationships.

My mom sent me a link to an article of a talk given by David Bednar, that made me re-think what games I should play and how I should spend the majority of my time.

Here is the link, if you would like to read it or watch it yourself.

As for me, I have already gotten rid of the games and applications that are not up to the standards I have made for myself. I hope I can stay strong in my resolve to make some necessary changes.

4 comments:

Jason and Amanda said...

Good goal! I have thought about doing the same thing...I just haven't done it yet. :(

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

His talk was amazing! I loved it...it was on KBYU late at night. I'm not a gamer...so it didn't apply to me in that aspect...but I do waste a TON of time...just doing mindless things, so I loved it...it reminded me to be productive and ambitious and think @ the way I use my time!

Kimberly said...

very cute blog! I agree with you--that talk has inspired some major changes for our house too.

Laura Howe said...

You are totally right. I feel bad all the time for spending so much time on the computer when I usually have a ton to do. Sometimes I wish I could feel bored. :)