Monday, August 17, 2009

$2 Tuesday

Seth, Ty, Sasha (Ty's sister), Porter, and I decided to brave the crowds for the last $2 Tuesday at the Oregon Zoo!
We left super early...8:40 am...to make sure we got parking.
No problem, surprisingly.
There was a very long line of cars going out to the freeway when we arrived.
Porter enjoyed making animal sounds he knew and trying out new ones he'd never heard before.
His animal sound vocabulary is quite impressive, now!
It was really fun to see his reactions to the animals...which was mostly staring and then trying to make the sounds.
It was not so fun trying to get past the millions of strollers with our stroller to get closer to the animals.
I stayed behind with it most of the time...out of the way.
It was a very nice day outside, which made the whole experience very pleasant.
I didn't take pictures this time...
...even though I took my camera.
Most of the time I wasn't close enough to be able to get a good one anyway.
My favorite animal was Porter-pottamus
There were more people there when we left than when we arrived, and they just kept coming!
The car line went into the freeway.
I would not want to be trying to travel into Portland on a $2 Tuesday in the summer...
I wonder if it's always like that

1 comment:

Jill and Travis said...

Oh man! I wish we could have gone, although I do not like large crowds either. We still haven't been to the zoo, and two dollars sounds like an excellent deal! I did get your message you were going, but I am a terrible person and didn't respond until now. Thanks for the invites! I hope we can get together soon!!! Life is crazy.