Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Choir News

Back in June, I tried out for Portland Symphonic Choir. I felt like the tryout I had was the best tryout I have ever had. I know I had help from above because I hadn't "really" been singing for a long time. Everything about the tryout was perfect.

Maybe it was too perfect.

There was another round of tryouts they held for those who couldn't try out in June. It was in August. So, I had to wait to find out if I had made it for two months.

Well, the day finally came when I got the email I had been waiting for...

But, it wasn't the news I was hoping for.

I didn't make it.

I was devastated.

Seth and Porter didn't know what to do. I'm not one who cries unless I really have a good reason to. Porter wouldn't even look at me let alone let me hold him. Seth gave me a "lean" of a hug and tried to say calming things, but it didn't work.

Then I remembered I'd gotten an email from a choir I had looked into about another audition.

I emailed them back and had an audition the very next day!

I made it! :)

I am now a member of Beati Chorum, and I'm so glad because I am finally a part of an ensemble again!

Bad news: I wont be able to do the Symphony...at least until the spring because the rehearsals land on the same night...

But I can't tell you how happy I am that I'm singing!

If you would like more info on the choir click here

1 comment:

LaRene said...

That is great news! I know you will really enjoy that! Horray for You!