Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Escape to the Beach



Last week, Portland had some 100 degree weather...it was miserable to stay indoors without central air conditioning...but even more miserable to go anywhere...


So we escaped to the beach!

Porter was actually really good about going into the water!



I think it's because Seth was there to make it a game



Running away from the waves...oh no!



My two water boys :)
Here are the cute families we came with:


Gambles and Coles :)
At one point, all the men...well except Dallin, who was supposed to be sleeping...were standing in the ocean...


I thought it was candid

What I love the most about this beach is the little streams that run through it.



Porter the mimick...



He really laid down, I just didn't catch it fast enough. It was really cute.
Dallin didn't like the water as much as the rest of us...


It's okay...he will in a couple months ;)
Aaron decided to build a dam in the middle of a stream, and soon had helpers...



Caroline was pretty proud of her daddy's work!



Porter was mostly interested in playing with everyone else's beach toys...

I'm glad nothing went into the ocean!

It was a very fun day! I think we might make a regular thing of this with this crazy hot weather!

I'm so glad we live close to the coast.

No comments: