Thursday, July 7, 2011

In Casper Part Three - The Service

It was a beautiful day.

Perfect for our perfect angels.




Everything went well...

...despite the fact a couple of our party got a little lost en route to the cemetery.

Seth and Porter stayed close to the babies throughout the short service...


...while I was too anemic to stand for that long.


We played for them the song I was going to sing for them in the NICU--


(if you go to the link, it's track 10)

--before we lowered them into the ground.



All of our siblings came except a few who were unable to make it, a good friend, Seth's grandparents on his father's side, Aunt Kathryn and Uncle Randy on my side, and their daughter Emily who is not only my cousin, but a really great friend.


I was so happy to see everyone who came.

The support, love, and hugs we recieved were exactly what we needed.


I want to send out a thank you to those who came, again, and to those who have sent their support via cards, texts, Facebook, Blogger, and other means.

We love all of you.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I love you guys! It looks like everything went well. I am so happy you were able to be with family. How wonderful it is to know we can be with our family forever. Thanks for being a wonderful example to me and my family of faith and patience. Hope to see you soon!

Unknown said...

It looks like it was a lovely service. You are amazing and so strong.

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

All those pictures are so sweet. Thanks for sharing Sierra. Love you