Thursday, March 5, 2009

What a Sweetheart...

Yesterday was a very rough day for me. February has been a hard month with Seth gone at school all the time and studying, sickness almost every week, body scares, missing appointments, and being in charge of so many things. The stress was just too much for me and I broke down. I don't cry very much, but I couldn't hold it in yesterday. It was as if everything that has happened to me lately came flooding at me and out of me at once.

Porter was such a sweetie yesterday when he saw me crying. He was doing his own thing, playing with his toys and causing a little mischief. But, when he saw I was crying, he came over to me, pointed at my tear and started wiping it off my face. I felt so loved...it made me cry more. He then wanted to be held and didn't get off my lap until he checked and saw I wasn't sad anymore. It was like he was saying, "Okay, Mama is sad today, but I want her to know I love her. Now that she knows, I can get back to my toys."

I have a very intuitive, sweet little boy.

In case you're wondering, things are better today...not perfect, but better. :)

4 comments:

Liz said...

Don't you love those moments? Katelyn's done that for me a few times, and honestly...I think those times will be some of the most shining moments of my life. These little ones are awesome.

Melissa said...

Aaaaww, that is soooooo sweet! What a cute little loving boy you have! :)

Jill and Travis said...

I have had those days where everything hits you like a ton of bricks, and it all decides to come out. No fun, but it is awesome to know Heavenly Father gives us people (sometimes tiny ones) to bring us joy! What a special little boy you have. :)

Laura Howe said...

That so sweet. I just love the love that children give us. He obviously knows how to love, you have taught him well.

Sorry you're so stressed, sounds like you need a Sierra day to do whatever you want, with just you, or with a friend. We all have those days. I always try to get some me time at least once a week.