Monday, March 2, 2009

Itzhak Perlman


My absolute FAVORITE violinist came into town this weekend! I was so excited when I found out that he was coming, and didn't let Seth tell me no when I told him I wanted to go to his performance, so this last weekend we went to the Oregon Syphony performance featuring Perlman!

We have awesome friends here, the Pitts, who watched Porter for us...for 5 hours...I felt bad for having them watch him for so long, but we'll definitely make it up to them!

Perlman played one concerto and conducted the rest of the performance. It was AMAZING!! I wished he'd played more, but he'll come back in April of 2010, for a recital, and I'm TOTALLY there!!!
I'm so glad I had the opportunity to listen to him, and watch him, perform!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Man, that guy has quite the name. Itzhak.

I love Porter's haircut! You're right, he does look older. And he has such beautiful red hair! Good job on the snipping.

Kathryn said...

Isn't he the greatest! I remember the first time I saw him. Your Gammie wouldn't leave until she muscled her way back stage to get his autograph! I still have my signed program. About ten years ago, I got to play on stage with him! That was a memory! So glad you were able to hear him.

Jill and Travis said...

That is so cool! I would love to go to something like that. Good job not taking no for an answer and taking Seth with you! I need to learn from your example! :) And Porter's haircut looks very handsome. What a cutie!

Mike and Lauren said...

K, let's be honest...you're way more cultured than me. I don't have any clue who my favorite violinist is. I am so glad you got to go see this though!