Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Porter Post



I feel like I haven't done one of these in a while.
Porter is doing 100% better than he was. He is no longer in need of his splint and he's walking around like nothing ever happened. I love little baby bones. Too bad they don't heal that fast when they're older!
We got a shipment from Mama Jensen with our christmas gifts! This is the one for our little man...


It sings nursery rhymes! Porter started to do "pat-a-cake" about a month ago, and Mama got him this because of that song! :) He loves to push the nose on the caterpiller more than anything else...it says "Hello...ha ha ha!" over and over...I don't let him play with it all the time. ;)

I'll post a pic of what I got from her for my birthday last summer and for christmas...I'm not all that big into showing the bottom half of my body at the moment, but I'll get to it! I promise, LaRene! :)

As Porter has gotten older, he's gotten more and more cuddly. It's probably because I sometimes force him to cuddle with me...either way, he now comes up to me and Seth and puts his head on our head (*bonk* is a sign of affection for him), he'll want to sit with us if we're sitting, and he likes to lay down on us...wherever...if he sees us laying down. I think it's so cute!



He, also, likes to climb EVERYTHING! We've taught him to go backward down the steps, which is really good, but sometimes he forgets, so I still have the gates up. He likes to put his little fingers into the sharp base heaters, too, so that's another reason for the gates.

Anyway, back to climbing, he climbs up and down the couches, so I can't keep anything away from him unless it's up on the entertainment center...where it's too far away from me. This makes computer stuff harder, but I'm glad he's not falling off the couches. He goes down backward. Smarty-pants.

He still climbs his little rocking chair, but now he likes to rock in it too!



He's so much fun to watch.

Another thing Porter has done lately is walk around sticking out his belly and holding it like he's pregnant. I think this is hilarious. We have a movie of it, but it always takes a year to download. Here he is holding his belly, though!



So cute!

4 comments:

Jill and Travis said...

I am so glad to here your little guy's leg is healing well. It is nice how fast those bones can fix themselves! I love the pregnant belly thing--Haha! Ethan discovered his belly button a few weeks ago. He points to it and calls it his "bell buck". I hope you are over your sickness! No fun.

Liz said...

Katelyn likes to bonk my face, too, as a sign of affection. She really conked me the other day on my cheekbone - I was tearing up as I said, "I love you, too, baby girl!" Gotta love 'em.

Melissa said...

Sierra! I have a blog too! Be my friend! p.s. Porter is sooooooo cute!

Lara said...

Thank goodness he's better! No baby should ever havve to go through that!!