Sunday, July 20, 2008

Doctor's, Baby Shower, Birthday, and 5 Months...

Believe it or not, all of these things happened on one day...yesterday :)

Porter wasn't getting much better with his stomach flu bug, so we took him to the doctor's office to see if anything other then recovering from it was wrong. He wasn't eating well, didn't have regular diapers, and was just having hard days all week. The doctor told us to give him a gentler formula so it would be easier on his bowels, some acidopholis (not quite sure how to spell it, but it's the bacteria in yogurt) in his formula in the morning and evening, and Pedialite to keep him hydrated. He hasn't been a whole lot better since, but I can tell there is a good difference. I decided to give him some Tylenol, as well, because I think on top of all of this he might be teething. Ah, the joys of parenthood...

Well, after the doctor's office, Porter took a nap, and I was about to, when Dayna calls to ask me if I needed a ride to Chelsea's baby shower. "Oh yah! That's in like 10 minutes, huh!" So, needless to say, I went to the shower in sweats and looking like junk, but at least I went, right?

Chelsea's shower was a lot of fun! Brooke did a really good job planning it! There were a lot of fun games played and really great food to eat. It was held at Tammy Townsend's, who has an absolutely gorgeous house and is one of the nicest women I've met down here. Chelsea looks great at 30 weeks! She doesn't even look like she's past her sixth month! Let's just say, I'm slightly envious. :) Just glad I'm not pregnant...



Chelsea looking royal, placing the crown on her head.



Anna having to chug water out of a sippy cup in 30 seconds.

After the shower, I felt a little bad about not looking my best for these celebrations, so in the short time before going to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Chelsey's birthday, I fixed myself up a bit. Porter had fallen asleep again, so this was easier to do. (Poor kid had to be woken up twice to go somewhere...I'm a mean mommy) This was my first time eating at the Cheesecake Factory, and I just have to say, it is REALLY good! Of course, the cheesecake was amazing, but the food was great, too!


We're just posers! :)



Happy 22nd Chelsey!



Porter was celebrating as well...doesn't he just look so happy :)
He turned 5 months yesterday, but this was really the only picture I got of only him that day...

When Seth got home that night, he brought home one of the technicians, James, with him and a movie about Butch Cassidy. Well, the movie stunk, but the company was good. Why we stayed up so late watching it, I'll probably never know...definitely a busy day!

PS(es): Seth is no longer installing in Waco, which makes us very happy.
I will be going home with Porter to Twin Falls on the 30th.
You can still post a memory on the following blog :)

4 comments:

Bairds said...

whatever sierra, you always look beautiful! Cheesecake factory is wonderful, glad you got to go!

Jamie & Ryan said...

Wow, what a busy day! I hope Porter gets better soon- poor little guy!

chelsey said...

I'm glad you guys are all getting better! It is NO fun being sick! Thanks for all the birthday wishes and celebrating with me!:) Cheesecake Factory was so yummy...I'm craving it right now:)

Kristi said...

Hey Sierra! Are you going back home already? We'll miss you! Hope I can get my bouncer and stuff back, I didn't expect to be needing it back so soon ;)