Monday, July 7, 2008

Bats!

Yesterday, Seth, Porter, and I went to downtown Austin. We went specifically to go to the Congress Ave. Bridge where there is the world's largest urban bat colony...



We arrived right when they started coming out from under the bridge. Perfect timing :). As you can see, it's a pretty popular thing to go see with all the people standing on the bridge.



They just kept coming!! Gross, and yet absolutely amazing!



I especially like the last picture...the bats made a bat in their formation :)
I hope I didn't gross you out too bad!

2 comments:

Jamie & Ryan said...

That is actually really cool. I love the bat shape they made while they were flying- what an odd coincidence...

Lara said...

For the love of all sickness!!!


On a lighter note, you and the babe are just precious!