Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Knight

This week, like most of my weeks lately, was...emotionally tough. I'm pretty sure it's because I have had enough of the boredom that is this sleepy, old, little college town...
I have birthday money burning a hole in my pocket, so I invited about five girls to go to the Washington Square Mall with me. It was a sort of "weekend before" plan to do it the following Tuesday. Being that I hardly ever see anyone here, including Seth, I didn't get a chance to even really make an actual plan of it until the weekend before...anyway, so I tried to spread the word, and women like to shop right?
The time comes around to go, and I still haven't heard back from some, and others have given me viable excuses not to come...so I wait for those who didn't reply, and...nothing...so I figured no one was coming...which became very apparently correct an hour after the meeting time.
I was, to say the least, disappointed. It seems like every time I try to plan a get together with the girls here, things like this happen.
...I don't understand it...
Anyway, Seth came home that day, saw how distraught I was, and told me we should go out to dinner and that he'd go shopping with me. (!!)
Now, Seth hates shopping...especially at clothing stores...with me (I'm sorta indecisive)...but he was willing to go, and didn't even complain when we were there! He took Porter and walked around the mall while I went and did my thing. It may seem like a small thing, but to me, that day, it was huge and Seth was my knight in shining armor...
I love my husband!! ...I definitely married my best friend...
Truly, I'm not a huge fan of shopping, which some may find surprising. It's mostly because I don't usually have any money to spend (and since my sizes have become larger). But, after two times of the year--birthday and Christmas--I like to go...not usually alone.
Here's what I got at Forever 21...

...All under $50...
(Thanks LaRene! Loves!)
...and I still have more birthday money to spend!
...Now I just need to find someone to shop with who doesn't mind going in the "girly" store with me... ;)

9 comments:

Richard and Diane said...

I would go shopping with you, but it's a little hard with us living in different states.

Jaimee said...

That's so sad... I totally know how you feel needing friends and all. I'm sorry it hasn't been that easy there. Hugs!

Jaimee said...

P.S. You new clothes are super cute!

Kathryn said...

Aren't husbands the best! You've got a good one!

Melissa said...

That is so sweet of Seth! What a great guy! :)
Love your new clothes! I especially like the one of the far right- really cute!

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Love the one in the middle. Sorry that I had to bail on you. We will have to try again, if you're up for it.

Laura Howe said...

cute clothes. and I wou;d go shopping with you. I can't ever find a good excuse not to go. :)

LaRene said...

It looks like your shopping trip was successful! I like the purple one on the left. I would love to see a photo fashion show :)

Unknown said...

very cute shirts! i should've looked around more when i was there a couple weeks ago. nice work!