Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Poo on Pooh

Being a Mom is gross...

...because kids are gross.

Read at your own risk

Porter took a nap in only his diaper yesterday, and I didn't think anything of it. After blogging and doing what I usually do on Mondays...clean, email, wait for Seth to come home from work so I can run errands (aka waste time)...I went to get him because I heard him do his usual complaining after he wakes up.

But, then I noticed this cry was a bit more than just complaining...

I walk in his room, and he is litterally covered head to toe in his own poop.

I swear he ate it, too, because I found some in his mouth.

I wanted to hurl, but instead I picked him up and practically threw him in the tub. Barely touching him with my fingertips the whole time until I could wash him.

Meanwhile, he wanted to be cuddled because he had just tasted probably the most horrible thing in the world.

I cuddled when he was clean.

After the bath, I noticed other things had poop on them. Sheets...okay that's pretty normal since he had it all over, but I also saw a book had some on it. So, obviously he had been awake for a while before he started complaining.

But this book wasn't just any book...

...it was his Pooh book!

Then I just laughed

...and sanitized it.

7 comments:

Jamie & Ryan said...

Ha ha! That is so funny!! I am definitely not looking forward to the gross parts about being a mom... Ryan and I teach the sunbeams at church. Goodness knows I love those kids, but boy can they be such disgusting little creatures sometimes!

Anonymous said...

That is nasty! Funny though :)

Laura Howe said...

I am so glad that has happened to someone else. :)

LaRene said...

I think that has got to be the worst thing to have to do as a mom. I never had to face that one, thank goodness. I have faced vomit though numerous times. Way to get through it Sierra More power to ya.

Jaimee said...

Gross! Thankfully, my girl only poops in the tub! :o)

Kathryn said...

What?! No pictures?!

Unknown said...

haha! I'm sorry. you're right gross but it is funny. I'm glad you saw the humor in it at the end. My nephew used to do that because he has a sensory disability and loved the feel of poop, so they had to put his pj's on backwards, many a times she had to scrub poo off walls, the munchkin, and carpet flooring. I couldn't do it! Kudos to you my dear!