Monday, July 6, 2009

My Country Tis of Thee

This Fourth was our first one spent together as a family! Seth and I had our first fourth in El Paso, but last summer, we were all sick! So, no fireworks!
This summer, we got together with a bunch of friends at the Parkview Apartments on the grass and had a barbeque! It was a ton of fun!
Brianne and me :)
The big boys started playing a game of catch...which Porter wanted to be a part of...

But then the innocent game of catch turned into full-contact football, and Porter wasn't interested anymore...thank goodness.
This is Brianne's cutie-pie, Ezra, who is about 6 months younger than Porter and is my "boyfriend". He looks like he wanted to get get in on the action!


Little boys are so cute.

I guess they're cute when they're big kids too.
This is, no joke, a competitive four-square game.
There was tape.


Porter enjoyed watching...



...and apparently riding a cement block.
We were definitley entertained at the barbeque. Especially when we had a little whizzer on the parking lot...and the kids started playing in the pee.
No picture of that one. Too busy making sure Porter didn't jump in it again...
After all the food and games ended, we opened up a very large Costco box of fireworks!
Here's what Porter thought at first...

Daddy handed him off to me and then he became like this:

But, I had to sit perfectly still, cover his ears when it was loud, and make sure I said "ooh pretty" after every firework.

I wish I had more pictures of the group! I think I'll steal some from friends later...

*evil laugh*

No comments: