Friday, April 10, 2009

Look! It's Spinning!

Porter has a cute little shape box he got for Christmas from my brother and his family. He loves this box...not for the purpose it is originally supposed to be used for, but for throwing the shapes around the living room.

I am almost positive I've lost some of the shapes.

One day, while I was taking a breather from cleaning, he came over to me with the top of the box. He wanted to just give it to me while he went to do something else that caught his eye. After taking it, I nonchalantly started spinning it on my finger.

Porter was amazed.

I would stop spinning for a bit and he'd hand it back to me to keep doing it so he could figure it out.

This lasted for a few days.

Then, about two weeks ago I caught him trying to spin it on his finger like I do.



And now, he does this all the time!





But, it's not just with the top of the box. He does this with everything that has a hole in it. He spins his stacking cups, the masking tape roll (if it's out), the windows of his toy trucks, and a rubber band that he found on the floor...{Daddy?}

Recently, he's even purposefully started making holes in his bread so he can spin that too.

Here's a video so you can see...



I know, a VIDEO! I'm so excited!

6 comments:

Jen said...

aahhh, that explains the hole in his breadstick last night....so cute!!

Kathryn said...

Smart Kid! Cute video!

Laura Howe said...

That's so funny! He is dang cute, I love this age, they are so funny, and so curious about everything. I love his talking.

Karen said...

wow, you have a very smart and coordinated little boy!

Allison said...

That's cute! It's fun how kids pick up on things.

Jamie & Ryan said...

Ha ha! That's funny. What a smart little boy!!