Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's Official

Porter has separation anxiety.

Last night, I went to a Girl's Night with PAVA over at Paige's house. I was asked/volunteered to do hair for the girls, and I was very happy to do so! I love doing hair. Anyway, the night before, Seth let me know that he couldn't watch Porter for me because he had a test he needed to study for. I guess it was a big one, and Seth likes to get an "A" on all his tests. This is a very admirable quality of his. He is a hard worker. Anyway, because he needed to study, I needed to find a last minute babysitter. Now, I really don't like doing this to people because I prefer to give them a few days in advance, but...
So, I called Claudia and she told me she could. I was so happy and relieved...

until...

Aaron came over and said Claudia was at the throne with morning sickness and it was pretty bad. I feel and felt so bad for her. {I've been right there with ya!...figuratively speaking} Therefore, I was again left without a babysitter...

an hour before I needed to go.

I decided that since Porter is usually very good in public and likes people to hold him I'd be fine...

BOY was I WRONG!

The moment I'd give him to someone at the party, he started screa-ming!! I wanted to innocently say "Who's child is that? I don't know..." but it's a little hard to say that when he's looking straight at me while screaming in someone else's arms with tears streaming down his face. He was even leaning toward me...it was as if it was killing him to be held by someone other than me. This is a child I'm not used to! What happened to my little social butterfly!?

Needless to say, I had to call someone, and fast because there wasn't going to be any way I could do hair and there wasn't any way the Mary Kay lady could do her make-over with an uncontrollable child. I called the first person I could think of who was close...Jordan. I'm so grateful to her for being my heroine for the day! I guess Porter wasn't too great at her place either, and I'm sorry about that. Apparently, I need to have a little talk with my son about manners.

The hairdos turned out great, I thought, and it seemed like everyone was happy with them! Yay!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sounds like a tough situation! Poor little guy, I wonder what was wrong? And poor mommy too! :( Maybe it was just a bad night. Glad it turned out okay though! :)