Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Seaside

Who doesn't love this...
or this...
or this!?
That's right, that's a buggy and some kites. Now imagine steering a buggy with those kites!! My thoughts exactly. Pretty sweet. Seaside has a kite day where everyone takes their kites to the beach for a get-together of some kind, and we were invited to go by one of Seth's teachers. So las Saturday, we went! I guess it's pretty popular.
Well, I actaully didn't get to go on the buggies or fly a kite, but Seth got to. He got to learn how to direct those sweet speed kites. I was supposed to have gotten a turn to learn, too, but my eyes were so watery from the brightness of the sun on the waves and the constant wind that I couldn't see.
So while Seth was taught by one of his teachers, Dr. Eakland, who actually graduated with Seth's dad...
Porter and I had some fun in the car.
According to Seth, those kites really pull! I was watching a few other people as they were playing around, and I saw a few of them get pulled off the ground from the pull of their kite. I really wish my eyes weren't so dang sensitive. Next year, I know now to bring a hat, bigger sunglasses, and some eye drops. I totally want to ride one of those buggies!
Well, because I didn't have much fun at the beach, Seth asked me if there was anywhere else I wanted to go so that I wouldn't feel like I was wasting my time. I'd heard of the Seaside Aquarium, so I decided that we should go there. So, because my husband is the best, we went there!
It's probably not the best aquarium in the world, but I enjoyed a lot of their exhibits.

We saw the seals last. This was Porter's favorite part.

Then it was time to go home...

No comments: