Sunday, September 28, 2008

Post #20!

I can't belive I have posted 20 times this month!

Porter is now sleeping in his crib! I got him a crib set on Monday. I was going to make one, but I didn't bring my sewing supplies. They're still in Twin. Plus, I wanted to hurry and have Porter in his crib. He had a hard time sleeping the first couple nights we put him in there, but he's doing great now!
I love using the play pen as an actual play pen! It makes the floor a lot easier to walk on!
This week was pretty busy, actually! I ran errands every day, and had things to do for once!

Tuesday, I went to the Oregon Department of Health Services (DHS) for an interview for food stamps. We qualified, so now we have money for some good food for all of us! This is going to be so much better on our limited budget!

Wednesday, I went over to Cori Lewis' place where she taught me how to embroider by hand. It was easier than I thought it would be and I love what I've made! I think I've found another hobby!
Thursday, the Office started, and we were invited over to Tana and Eric Johanson's to watch it! I'm so glad we're starting to make friends! I can't tell you how excited I am that The Ofice is back!!! There are some couples up here who haven't seen it yet, so I think I'm going to have to convert them like Jenni and Mark did me! :)

Saturday was the General Relief Society broadcast, and I had such a wonderful time listening to what the presidency and President Uchtdorf had to say! I really think President Uchtdorf's talk hit me closest to home. I love that we have the availability to listen to broadcasts like this. It's so nice to get away from worldly cares and listen to what the Lord would have us do. I'm so grateful for this church and for the Relief Society program!
After the broadcast, I picked up a new to us table and chairs!! I'm so excited because now I can invite people over! Not only that, but we have a loveseat waiting for us for when we head over to Garden Grove...so excited!! Now I'll have projects to do!! I'll have to post pictures of those, too!

I hope all of you had a great week!

9 comments:

Jaimee said...

sounds like things are pretty buisy for you! That's awesome! Yeah, we are back in Burley for a while... don't know how long yet. We're staying at my in-laws right now because the house is still all boxed up. I'm thinking Teus. we will mostly settled and get to sleep in our new house! Hugs!

Jamie & Ryan said...

You can sew!? I am so jealous! I've always wanted to be crafty and creative, but those are 2 talents I was just not blessed with. I was super excited for the Office to start too! I'm so happy that Jim finally proposed!!

Lara said...

Wow! A smooth transition and everything?!!

Seth and Sierra said...

not perfect, but pretty smooth...just didn't get much sleep for two nights :)

farrers said...

Porter has sure grown! What an excellent plethera of posts! I was a bit bored and this is probably one of the highlights of my day, I know you know about that!!!

threelittlebackseatdrivers.blogspot.com said...

oh, don't worry, I decorate for those holidays too...they aren't forgotten! :)

Twin Falls, ID said...

Hi! We would like to invite you over to become a "follower" of the Twin Falls, Id blog. We are just starting but our goal is for the blog to be a ONE stop for all things Twin Falls and the Magic Valley! Come on over and say "hi!"

It was nice to "meet" you!

chelsey said...

Porter is getting so cute and so big! How fun! I love all your adorable pictures! Sounds like you're adjusting to Portland just so well! It gives me hope that I can too:)

Jenni said...

I like his bedding. Sewing is fun and all but the time it takes is rediculous. Oh man I want to see you and meet your boy!