Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Last Fling...

...before school REALLY started.

On labor day, Seth, Porter, and I went into Portland. We decided to go to the Portland Corn Maize! Now, those of you from Twin, you will know of the corn maze in Burley area. This one is like that one, but I liked it better because it had other things to do, too.

This was the design for this year. Pretty rockin.

The corn was high,

the skies were beautiful,

and we were ready to go!

They had these "cornundrums" that told you which way to turn to help you through the maze. They had a bunch of different catagories to choose from, as well. Seth took the cornundrums or facts about corn, and I took the Pop culture like music, movies, and tv.

Most of the questions were pretty simple, but we did end up lost a few times.

We had a pretty fun time, and eventually found our way out!

Here are a few other things they had there:

Pretty sweet places to take pictres,

a "cow train" that we didn't ride, but I thought was really cute,

and a barn to see all the farm animals. Porter was really interested, and especially liked the roosters...who were really noisy.

After our fun walk through a maze, we went further into Portland to see the oldest church in the city. Called...

Pretty clever name huh? Well, we showed up 40 minutes late, and the church was closed. So, we just got pictures from the outside. Maybe sometime later, we'll have to get pictures from the inside. I guess there's a really nice stained glass window inside.

After our uneventful visit to "the old church," we made another stop.

This place is really pretty. I just enjoyed the scenery, really. It's a Catholic...um...sanctuary, I guess.

Porter kept himself occupied...

With his toes :)

And there you have it!

Afterward, we were very hungry, and made a stop at Pizza Hut on the way home. Quite a day!

2 comments:

Jamie & Ryan said...

FUN!! I've never been to a corn maze, but I've always wanted to go! I guess now that I am living in the great corn state (aka Nebraska) I should have plenty of opportunities!

LaRene said...

How fun!!! Thanks for posting such cute pictures. I like how your hair fits the activity! Pretty cute!
I have never been to a corn maze, that looks like a lot of fun. I am glad you are getting out to see all the fun things around Portland. Give that baby a hug and kiss from me!