Saturday, June 7, 2008

Strong Boy!!

Porter has been such a strong little baby boy! He was able to hold his head up the day we had him, and has been able to pull himself up to a sitting position for about a minute when he's on my lap for the past few months! I should have documented these milestones with our camera, but I'm the one who works the camera...becaue I'm the one who is home alone with him all the time...makes it difficult to film when I'm the one holding him...
I'm thinking he's got his Daddy's genes with the strength, because I'm definitely not the muscular one...even though maybe now I'm getting a little something with how much I carry him around and how much I've been working out :)
The reason I'm mentioning this at all is because for this last week, he's been able to play a game with me and Seth where we hold his hands and he pulls himself to a standing postion and sits down slowly. I'm just amazed how strong this little guy is!! I think I'll attempt a documentation when Seth is home tomorrow. Either way, I haven't been able to post video on this website...takes too long...I'll post a picture or two :)
One thing Porter hasn't quite figured out, yet, is how to push himself up with his hands when he's on his belly, but he sure arches his back well...maybe he'll be one of those babies who walks before he crawls! :)

No comments: