Sunday, June 19, 2011

29 Weeks Update

The only new information I got this week was a date.

The date for my c-section.

July 16th

That is 34 weeks 0 days for the girls.

And it seems really close.

I was told to plan on having them in the NICU for 2 weeks.

I have mixed feelings about this.

I'm so large that I'm super uncomfortable, constantly exhausted, and therefore ready to be done being pregnant.

But...

...the girls will be 6 weeks early and that makes me nervous.

Again, I'm SO glad I went to the NICU last week to check things out because I feel a lot more calm about the whole thing than I thought I would, but it still makes me a little nervous for them and for me.

I don't know how I'm going to handle the situation when I will have to leave them there and go home before they can join me.

I'll probably break down and bawl my eyes out.

Even with the knowledge that they're in good hands.

The babies didn't cooperate with the ultrasound, and I don't expect any more awesome pictures since they're running out of room, but I thought I'd share this picture:


That's the membrane that "popped".

Either I make weak membranes or really strong babies.

I think the latter is more likely.

Apparently, my doctors did some research to see if this has happened to anyone else (since they had never heard or seen this happen before) and they found ONE other case in Saudi Arabia that was recorded.

I guess that makes me one in approximately 6 billion.

I feel so special!

Oh, and they did a bunch of blood work to see if they could come up with why I get blood clots when I'm on birth control or pregnant, and they had inconclusive results.

I was told to take more blood tests when I'm not pregnant to find out why when my hormone levels are back to normal.

In all honesty, I don't think the results will be any different, and I don't really care to know the reason why I get the clots so I probably will never take the tests.

The knowledge of the reason wont change the treatment of the problem, so it seems rather pointless.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Won't be long now. Take care of those baby girls and yourself too. We will keep you in our prayers.