Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cape Meares

We took Mom, Dad, Mikki, and Emma to the Cape Meares lighthouse.

There were a few things different this time around that I didn't seem to notice when I went with Jo in the spring.

Like this:



And this:



Okay, I did notice the bullet holes, but I couldn't remember if they were there when I took the family over during Thanksgiving break or not when I came with Jo.

Turns out, some kids went for a "joyride" down to the lighthouse on a road they weren't supposed to be on in the first place, and shot at the glass.

I don't understand how that would be considered fun.

Well, this little stint happened in February.

Very sad.

Because of this, we were only allowed to go inside to this point.



Someone had to ruin the experience for a lot of people.

I just don't understand.
We got some pictures outside...





And, Porter got a sticker...



We had fun, anyway, but it was still depressing.



Waiting for us to catch up.



Pushing the car seat back...



...and enjoying the noise made by going over the bumps in the road...



We went to the Tillamook Cheese Factory after so Emma could see, and to get some ice cream.
Would have taken more pictures, but my card was full at the end of the lighthouse experience.

No comments: