Thursday, April 18, 2013

Ouch

Lilia got her first bump on the head a little while ago.
 
I had her in her rocker so she could be close to me while I was busy in the bathroom.
 
I was about to close our mirrored sliding doors to our closet (because I'm OCD about them being open), when  I heard stuff rattle like I had hit something with the door.
 
I started opening the door again to see what it was, and this came tumbling out...
 
 
...the corner of it landing right on Lilia's head.
 
I was horrified as I watched it all happen in slow motion.
 
Feeling hopeless.
 
She had a couple supplement bottles land in her lap, but, thankfully, she wasn't too badly hurt.
 
She was surprised more than anything, and I comforted her before taking a look at things.

Look at that smile! Even with the bump on her head.
 She got annoyed with me when I put some ice on the bump...
 
 
...and wasn't too fond of the flashlight as I checked her pupils until I let her hold it.

 
But, then she found it wasn't very soft, and was done with it.
 
 
Until she took her afternoon nap, this is how she let me know she was upset with things...
 
 
Pitiful as an art form.
 
I was happy that only the corner of the shelves hit instead of what would have happened had she just been a foot back from where she was.
 
I'm so glad she was fine, and have since made it clear that we need to make sure those white drawers are shut at all times.


No comments: