Monday, December 31, 2012

Les Miserables

Seth and I had the privilege of going to a movie without the kiddos.

Probably one of the best perks of a vacation to the parents’ homes.

I have been waiting for this movie to come out ever since I saw it was going to!

Les-miserables-movie-poster1

I grew up with this music, have seen Broadway perform it live in Dallas, and am currently reading the book.

It’s probably needless to say that I absolutely love this musical, but I’m going to say it anyway.

I LOVE THIS MUSICAL!

The movie was very well done and even shed some new light and gave me a greater appreciation for certain characters that I didn’t like as much as others before seeing this movie—Fantine and Marius.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of vocals.

Even though the Hollywood actors didn’t have the vocal training and experience of the Broadway actors in the movie (including the original Jean Valjean!!), they all did very well!

That is, except for Russell Crowe.

But, his acting made up for his lack of singing talent since he nailed the character of Javert so well.

I loved the movie, and I think it was brilliantly done.

You should go see it.

Make sure you bring tissues or else your sleeve will be very wet when it is over.

(If you are unfamiliar with the plot, I would suggest looking that over before you go as well)

Thanks for giving us our first actual date night in a long time, Gammie, Grumpa and Vanna!

No comments: