Thursday, May 31, 2012

Found A Place

Seth and I started our journey in Utah by living with my brother and his wife while we found a place for ourselves.

I'm so very grateful to them for letting us come crash with them in their already full house.

We had such a great time getting to hang out every day!

Porter especially loved getting to play outside whenever he wanted!

Before we left for graduation, we looked at about 20 places and had a place picked out.

We had given our deposit, but hadn't signed the contract yet.

Seth flew to Oregon while I drove from Salt Lake so I could stop as many times as I want.

While I was in Boise visiting and staying with my sister and her hubby, I got a text from our would-have-been future landlord saying there was a family emergency and they wouldn't be able to rent out the place.

It was kinda a bummer because we loved the location and the fact it was a 1400 sq. ft. basement apartment with a kitchen to die for, but we understand family emergencies.

So, after driving back from graduation quickly instead of visiting with my parents for a week, we looked at 21 more places and got another by the following Wednesday!

We moved in the next day.

It's not organized yet, but we really like it so far.

It's a condo, and it's in a complex with a gorgeous landscape, two pools, a tennis court, and a clubhouse with a sauna, hot tub, and gym (that we happen to live right next to).

When the baby is born, you will find me at the clubhouse...a lot.

Until then, I'll be in the pool.

The only down side is the duck and geese poop you have to avoid while walking to your cars...and there's a lot of it.

Happy to have a place!

No comments: