Saturday, November 1, 2008

Bunch of Animals...and a Pumpkin

Our Halloween wasn't very eventful, unfortunately.
I carved our pumpkin we got at the patch. Yes, that's right, I did it all. Seth thinks "pumpkins are gross." He doesn't like carving it because he doesn't like the messy innards. I, on the other hand, LOVE pumpkin carving. Especially the guts. I was tempted to go rub my messy fingers in Seth's face, but I'm sure he wouldn't have liked that. ;)
We were planning on attending the ward Trunk-or-Treat, but Porter was taking a nap, and slept in until 7. The Trunk-or-Treat started at 6. After he woke up, he was hungry, so we needed to feed him before we left. We ended up arriving at the church at 7:30 when everybody was long gone. Oh well! Next year, I guess. But, I think next year I'll just throw a party of my own.
To pass the time, and since We'd gotten all dressed up to go to an event that'd already passed, I decided to get some more pics of the costumes. So, here's some close-ups of Seth and me...
Yay.

Porter's the cutie. He was so good for his first Halloween.
We didn't even have a bunch of Trick-or-Treaters that night...
To pass the time some more, we rented "Journey to the Center of the Earth" which was a big ball of cheese, but cute for kids.
It was kinda nice to just be at home with Seth and Porter, but, like I said, I think I'll just throw a party of my own next year.

3 comments:

Jill and Travis said...

I love pumpkin guts too! Your pumpkin looks awesome!

Liz said...

We have the same situation - Mark hates pumpkin guts, and I love squishing my fingers in 'em. We compromise by me digging everything out and him doing the carving.
You make a very cute cat, by the way.

Audrey said...

You make a very cute kitty too : )