Thursday, May 15, 2008

Movin' Movin' Movin'

So here we are again in Texas :) Never thought we'd be back here again, but life takes you where you don't expect a lot...at least in our lives :) So far, Seth has been doing extremely well as far as installs go, and I'm pretty much staying at home with the babe all day...I need to make friends so I can get out of the apartment or I'll probably go crazy. We like our ward here, and everyone we've met has been really nice. Austin, as far as we know, is better than Dallas and El Paso in friendliness. Maybe it's because we have a baby ;)
Porter is doing well! He's lots fatter and everything is going fine. As far as nursing goes, I've decided to wean him. It's just too frustrating for me to keep pumping all the time. I figure a happier mommy equals a happier baby. I appreciate everyone's comments on the last post, though, but I really feel this is what I need to do. Three good months of nursing is better than nothing. Besides, I'm going to wean gradually, so maybe I'll have four or five good months. Porter doesn't really want to wean, it seems, because the other day he was really grumpy and didn't want anything but me as far as food went. Too bad he's such a terrible eater. It took me till 9 pm to figure out that he wanted me, so the whole day was spent with a bawling child...pretty frustrating at times, I'm sure you other mothers know.
Mother's day was a good day :) Seth made dinner and I got to nap. I was very satisfied with that. We certainly hope all is well with all of you!

1 comment:

Laura Howe said...

Happy mothers day to you, I hope that Porter will soon become happier and more content. I don't blame you at all for weaning I sure don't have a lot of patiece for that sort of thing. Good job for sticking it out 3 months. Good luck with Texas, I hope it's not too hot.