Monday, February 25, 2008

Porter's here!!

Porter Allen was born Feb 19th at 7:02 pm. 7 lbs 5 oz 20.5 in
We are so happy to have met our little sliver of heaven.
I went in Tuesday morning to get induced at 7:30. I started active labor around 4:00, had some Stadol for the pain, and actually slept a bit! I woke up needing to push at about 6:30, and had Porter in a half hour! Let me tell you, natural is hard, but I recovered rather quickly. I had to have an episiotomy, but the pain from that is nothing...just a bit irritating. I surprised myself and my family, including Seth, when they heard I did it natural. I'm glad I did. I certainly have a lot more appreciation for my mom, and Seth for his.
Porter is adorable. Our little "mini-Seth." We love him so immensely, and he and I are getting spoiled with all this family around.

 

5 comments:

Laura Howe said...

Sierra, he is really cute, I love those pictures. And you look super. I still wish you guys were closer I want to see my little nephew.

LaRene said...

Those were fun pictures to look at. He is adorable! I can't wait for my turn to hold him.

Jenni said...

so are you just loving being a mom? I didn't ask if you were completely exhausted...because I know you are...but I bet you are just the greatest parents. He is so tiny and so cute. I can't wait for mine to come. Good luck and call me for anything...I can't be there but I can try and talk you through or out of things. Loves!

Stephanie said...

Very very cute! How exciting :-)

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so exciting and I am so happy for you. He is sooo adorable!