Friday, October 26, 2007

Papa's 80th Party!

Papa Slaughter, my grandfather, will turn 80 on Halloween, but my family had a party for him a few weeks ago. He has Alzheimer's disease and probably wont remember a lot, so we decided to throw the party early...besides he's not too fond of Halloween anyway. Seth wasn't able to go, but I had a lot of fun seeing family again. I don't get to see extended family members as often as I would like.

The party went very well! My family always puts on a musical show when we have parties like this. Audrey and David played music from Porgy and Bess. The same arrangement that Gammie and Papa used to play together. It was very beautiful. Little Zoie sang Over the Rainbow and it was so cute to watch her up there. I sang Gammie's and Papa's song, All the Things you Are. It was very hard not to cry while I was singing it. Uncle Randy and Aunt Kathryn made a video of Papa's life that brought tears to everyone's eyes. It was just a great experience. Papa and Gammie lived very full lives. We all miss Gammie, but we're glad Papa is still with us.

All the Children...

Little Robbie with Grumpa...kinda scary how alike they look...

I Love this picture!!!

Audrey, Jo, and Me...with Dad's head coming up from behind Jo ;)

Our favorite photographer!

Mike with little Robbie. Still haven't met his cute wife...

Wendy and Rob...adorable as ever...

David and Katie with their adorable little girl.

Little Robbie just got so much attention from everyone! He really enjoyed himself ;).
This is him with Aunt Alice.

No comments: